Western Hospital ER closes early Wednesday
The emergency department at Western Hospital in Alberton, PEI, will close at 1 p.m. Wednesday due to a shortage of staff.
The emergency department will open Thursday at 8 a.m.
The Alberton Western Hospital emergency department will close at 1 p.m. Wednesday due to a shortage of staff.
The emergency department will open Thursday at 8 a.m., according to Health PEI.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services when:
- Sensation of discomfort or tightness in the chest.
- Experience unusual shortness of breath.
- Feel abdominal pain.
- Prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness.
- An injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone.
- A child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting.
- A baby under six months old has a fever of 38°C or higher.
People with health concerns and those who need immediate health information can call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice.
The Western Hospital Collaborative Emergency Center is also closed for the time being, also due to a lack of staff. It won’t reopen until at least January, officials have previously said.
Corrections and clarifications|Submit a news tip|