NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A Navy sailor stationed in Belle Chasse, Louisiana, pleaded guilty last week to producing child pornography and extorting minors for additional content, authorities said.
Biagio Ambrosino, a 20-year-old New York native, faces 15 to 30 years behind bars on the child pornography charge and up to 20 years on the extortion charge after pleading guilty to both offenses in court. federal courthouse on Thursday, the U.S. attorney said. Office said.
According to court documents, Ambrosino communicated with at least 11 victims between the ages of 10 and 17, some of whom he previously knew.
The government argued that the sailor would message minors and pretend “to be a social media mogul, and ask if the minor wants to ‘be Instagram famous'”.
WEST VIRGINIA MAN CHARGED WITH POSSESSION OF CHILD PORN AFTER SECRETLY FILMING EXCHANGE STUDENT
Prosecutors said Ambrosino would then use “several different strategies, depending on the age of the victims, their cognitive abilities, their level of compliance, and his prior knowledge about them.”
He would also offer cash and gifts in exchange for the photos, Assistant US Attorney Jordan Ginsberg said.
TEXAS COP FIRED FOR REMOVING CHILD PORNOGRAPHY FROM HOSPITAL PATIENT’S COMPUTER
“Alternatively, Ambrosino would offer minors valuables, including a camera, lighting system, sponsorship, or stuffed animals to entice them to take and send him sexually explicit photos and videos, or engaging in sexually explicit behavior while video chatting with him,” the prosecutor said.
“When victims expressed reluctance to provide sexually explicit depictions to him or continue to do so, Ambrosino would extort them by threatening reputational damage or physical violence. Once Ambrosino was successful in obtaining sexually explicit content of a victim, he continued to demand increasingly explicit, invasive and humiliating content from his victims.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Court documents show Ambrosino was stationed at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans between August 2020 and January 2022, when he committed the crimes.