Road closures in Toronto to watch out for this weekend
There’s plenty to do in Toronto this weekend, but there’s no shortage of road closures to factor in your commute.
Here’s what you need to know.
Roads closed for events
- Eglinton Avenue West is closed to vehicles between Marlee Avenue and Dufferin Street due to Sinting Fest. It will remain closed until 2 a.m. on Sunday.
- Markham Road is closed to vehicles between McNicoll Avenue and Passmore Avenue due to Tamil Fest. It will remain closed until 5 a.m. on Sunday.
- Turbina Avenue is closed to vehicles between Dynamic Drive and Markham Road following Tamil Fest. It will remain closed until 5 a.m. on Sunday.
- East Dundas Street is closed to vehicles between Carlaw Avenue and Logan Avenue due to the Leslieville Beer Festival. It will remain closed until 11 p.m. on Saturday.
- Kensington Avenue is closed to vehicles between Baldwin Street and St. Andrew Street due to Toronto Loves Me. It will remain closed until 9 p.m. on Saturday.
- Yorkville Avenue is closed to vehicles between Hazelton Avenue and Bellair Street for Yorkville Murals. It will be closed from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Market Street remains closed from Front Street East to The Esplanade due to I Heart Market Street.
- Bayview Avenue is closed to vehicles from Rosedale Valley Road to Lawren Harris Square until 7 p.m. Sunday for ActiveTO.
- A portion of River Street West between Bayview Avenue and Spruce Street is also closed to vehicles until 7 p.m. Sunday for ActiveTO.
Closed for works
- Queen’s Park lanes have been reduced between Bloor Street West and Queen’s Park Crescent for the installation of a TTC lift at Museum station.
- Lake Shore Boulevard West is reduced to one lane between Jarvis Street and Sherbourne Street for the installation of a gas line.
- The Queensway has reduced lanes between Parkside Drive and Roncesvalles Avenue for TTC repair work. This affects traffic in both directions.
- King Street West is closed at the King-Queen-Queensway-Roncesvalles intersection due to TTC repair work.
- Wellington Street is reduced to one lane westbound between Yonge Street and Church Street due to TTC repairs.
- Front Street is reduced to one eastbound lane between Scott Street and Church Street due to TTC repairs.
- The intersection of Carlton Street and Church Street is closed for TTC repair work.
Changes to public transport schedules
Subway Line 1 will not operate between Finch and St. Clair stations due to signal upgrades.
GO train schedules have been changed along Lakeshore East and West to avoid overcrowding at Exhibition GO due to the CNE. Similar adjustments were made to the Barrie and Stouffville lines.