Possible poisoning at Markham restaurant under investigation
A restaurant in Markham, Ont., is closed pending an investigation after a number of people who ate at the establishment over the weekend were sent to hospital.
In a statement to CTV News Toronto on Monday, York Region confirmed it was investigating after several people became seriously ill after a meal at Delight Restaurant & BBQ, located at 1250 Castlemore Ave.
« York Region responded by immediately launching an investigation and closing the restaurant, » he said.
There are few details about the number of patients or the cause of the side effects.
Anyone who ate restaurant food on August 27 or 28 and has symptoms is encouraged to seek medical attention.
“This includes people who ate in, take-out and delivery; please discard leftovers or takeout from the restaurant,” the statement read.
On Monday, a Toronto intensive care unit (ICU) doctor, Dr. Michael Warner, said a memo was circulating in ICUs across the Greater Toronto Area warning of the incident.
Officials say the restaurant is cooperating with the investigation.
This is a developing story. More soon…