Nets say they’ve agreed with Durant to ‘move the partnership forward’


The Brooklyn Nets say they have agreed to continue their partnership with Kevin Durant.

.acf-block-preview .instagram-twitter-container { width: 340px; margin: 0 automatic; }

The 12-time All-Star requested a trade earlier this summer.

Nets statement from general manager Sean Marks says he held a meeting with Durant, his agent Rich Kleiman, coach Steve Nash and owners Joe Tsai and Clara Wu Tsai on Monday in Los Angeles.

“We have agreed to move forward with our partnership,” Marks says. “We’re focused on basketball, with one collective goal in mind: to build a lasting franchise to bring a championship to Brooklyn.”

All summer, there were multiple reports that many teams pitched for Durant, including the Toronto Raptors.

Numerous reports indicated that the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and Raptors were the first to land Durant.

Shams Charania of The Athletic reported that the Nets are looking for an All-Star, other top players and a draft pick for Durant.

More soon.




Gb9

Back to top button