nearly 200 people gathered

10:20 a.m.: more than 200 people gathered

The mayor of the town, Christian Limousin, figure at the head of the procession. Nearly 200 people gathered in Dover this morning for a moment of contemplation.

10:10 a.m.: moment of silent meditation in front of the drama house

A moment of contemplation when facing the family home where the killing took place, at the 401 Amberieu Street, Dover.

10 a.m.: the white march begins

The municipality of Dover made roses available to those present for this white march in tribute to the victims. The start is given in front of the town hall.

This content is blocked because you have not accepted cookies and other tracers.

Clicking on » I accept « cookies and other tracers will be deposited and you will be able to view the content (more information).

Clicking on « I accept all cookies »you authorize the deposit of cookies and other tracers for the storage of your data on our sites and applications for the purposes of personalization and advertising targeting.

You have the possibility to withdraw your consent at any time by consulting our data protection policy.
Manage my choices

After the dread, the contemplation

After the fivefold murder perpetrated earlier this week in Dover, lhe words of Christophe Rode, public prosecutor of the Bourg-en-Bresse judicial court, still resonate. “Blood all over the house” and victims “tmutilated, some with deep wounds”.

After the dread, this Saturday, it’s time for meditation, emotion and support in this town of just over 1,000 inhabitants, located in the heart of the Ain department.
The white march will leave Dover Town Hall at 10 a.m. and head for the family home where the incident took place.

Recall of facts

Between Monday July 18 and Wednesday July 20, a blended family was decimated by Matthieu Darbon, a 22-year-old presumed murderer, son of the father of the family, who allegedly acted with his torso and limbs covered in protective gear and armed with a sword and sword. ‘a rifle. The man had been holding several members of his family hostage since at least Tuesday July 19, when he decided, in the evening, to alert the gendarmes.

After the failure of several attempts at negotiation, it was the members of the GIGN who stormed on Wednesday, at the end of the morning, and killed the madman.


Back to top button