Mushroom caps stuffed with crab cake for an aperitif: Try the recipe
As New Year’s Eve approaches, you may be looking for last-minute appetizers to delight your guests without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Consider trying this recipe for « Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps, » developed by food company Mind Blown.
« For decades, we’ve been creating traditional crab cakes in small batches — by hand — through our company The Van Cleve Seafood Co. It’s one of our best-selling items, » said Monica Talbert. , co-founder of Mind Blown. Fox News Digital.
THE CHEF’S FAMOUS CRAB CAKES HE SERVED AT TOP SOUTH CAROLINA RESTAURANT: TRY THE RECIPE
Try Mind Blown mix or any crab cake of your choice.
Get the full recipe below.
Mind Blown Crab Cake Stuffed Mushroom Caps, developed by Mind Blown
BEST ACTIVITIES AND LAST MINUTE DECOR FOR NEW YEAR
Makes 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 box puffed, cooked, and crushed crab cakes (or, you can use any crab cakes of your choice)
1 package 8-10 oz cremini mushrooms, stems removed
4 oz cream cheese of your choice, softened
2 tbsp. chopped parsley + more for garnish
1 tbsp. lemon juice
BREAKFAST RECIPE: CRAB BACON, BREAD PUDDING, EGGS BENEDICTE
1 C. hot sauce
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Pink salt to taste
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. butter of your choice, melted
1. Make Mind Blown Crab Cakes from frozen:
-Stovetop: In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Once heated, cook the Mind Blown Carb Cakes 1 minute on each side; put aside. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
– Air fryer: Spray the air fryer basket with high temperature oil. Add crab cakes; coat with cooking spray. Turn the fryer to 370 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
2. Place cooked Mind Blown Crab Cakes or cooked crab cakes of your choice in a bowl and mash.
3. Prepare the mushroom caps. Wipe the cremini mushrooms dry with a paper towel and remove the stems.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pureed spirit puffed crab cake mix, cream cheese, lemon juice, parsley, black pepper, pink salt and hot sauce. Mix until well combined.
5. Fill a piping bag or large ziplock bag with the filling and gently press the filling into each mushroom, filling it just above the edge.
6. In a small bowl, combine Panko breadcrumbs and melted butter mixed with a fork to make the filling.
7. Gently top the stuffed mushrooms with the panko breadcrumb mixture or use a spoon to gently pile the breadcrumbs on top.
8. Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until top is bubbling and golden. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
This original recipe belongs to plantbasedseafoodco.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.