Langley News: Witness to shooting describes encounter



A Langley, B.C. woman says she’s surprised she’s still alive after a close encounter with the man she believes is responsible for Monday’s shooting.

Denise Redman says a gunman approached her just before midnight on Sunday.

“Someone shot me. This guy ran, he wanted my dope, my side off my foil,” Redman said.

Redman said the man was a complete stranger.

“I had never seen the guy before. Yeah, he has black hair and he just pulled a handgun at me wanting my dope and he shot me, like he shot me in the face and the bullet just dropped,” Redman told CTV News.

The woman held a shell casing between her fingers as she relived the horrific moment.

Redman said it appeared he was armed with a handgun, but police have yet to confirm the type of weapon used in the shooting that left two dead.

“The police will conduct a full-scale investigation to determine if there was a single weapon, were there multiple weapons? What exactly did the shooter have access to and possession of,” Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth said at a press conference late Monday afternoon.

Investigators have not yet revealed whether the weapon was obtained legally.

“I expect this information to be released in due course, but at this time the police are focused on the investigation and obtaining as much information as possible to understand exactly what happened. past, » Farnworth said.

RCMP have identified the shooter as Jordan Daniel Goggin of Surrey.

Investigators say the 28-year-old engaged in a shootout, covering at least five locations, before being shot dead by police.

Police say Goggin was known to authorities, but his interactions with them were not criminal in nature.

The violence began around midnight when a woman was shot near the Cascade Casino.

Then at 3 a.m., a man was found dead in a residential complex near Home Depot.

At 5 a.m. another man was killed at the bus loop.

Then, 45 minutes later, a man was shot in the leg near Willowbrook Mall.

An emergency alert was then sent to residents of the area, asking them to take shelter.

The gendarmes admit that the filming may have started before midnight.

“We are still determining that. There’s a lot of information to process,” said Sgt. David Lee of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team.

Redman was shaken by his encounter, but unscathed.

“I’m amazed actually, I can’t believe it. How I hope to God that my other friends are not dead,” Redman said.

The identity of the victims has not been released.

With files from CTV Vancouver’s St. John Alexander


Back to top button