Gisèle Lullaby, Samian and Tranna Wintour in the running for the “Mammoth Evening”
What turns on teens aged 13 to 17? A great way to find out: the nominations for the next Mammoth eveninga fun and unifying gala that celebrates the gestures that have most inspired the adults of tomorrow during the year, in all spheres.
Over the past few months, young people from across Quebec have been invited to name the gestures that have inspired them the most this year by means of an online survey and as part of a school tour.
From now on, young people can vote for their 5 favorites among the 15 finalists:
- Highlight atypical people in your podcast Perceptions– Claudie Mercier
- Access top10 of the best tennis players in the world– Felix Auger-Aliassime
- Defend the interests of future generations in terms of the environment– Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois
- Democratize the drag scene by winning the television competition Canada’s Drag Race– Gisele Lullaby
- Make history by becoming the first Quebecer to win a stage in the Tour de France– Hugo Houle
- Providing care in a refugee camp on the border with Ukraine– the Dr Julien Auger
- Participate in the NASA space mission that deflected the trajectory of an asteroid– the DD Julie Bellerose
- Showing resilience after a fall in freestyle skiing at the Beijing Olympics– Justine Dufour-Lapointe
- Become the first Indigenous woman elected to the National Assembly of Quebec– Kateri Champagne Jourdain
- To be honored at the National Assembly for his fight against sexual violence in schools– Youth voice matters
- Become the first woman to join the hockey operations of the Montreal Canadiens– Marie-Philip Poulin
- Fighting for the survival and influence of Indigenous languages in Quebec–Samian
- Reporting the facts about the war, from Russia and Ukraine– Tamara Alteresco and Marie-Eve Bedard
- Prove that transidentity goes beyond appearances by participating in a reality show– Tranna Wintour
- Enlighten the population on the existence of the anti-abortion movement in Quebec– Violet Cantin
On the animation side, Pier-Luc Funk and Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse, awarded more than once at the Gémeaux Awards Gala for their work at the helm of Mammoth will give way to a gang of facilitators.
Alicia Moffet, Anas Hassouna, Chloée Deblois, Claudia Bouvette, Félix-Antoine Tremblay, Irdens Exantus, Mathieu Dufour, Roxane Bruneau, Shelby Jean-Baptiste and Tom-Éliot will take up the torch.
The Mammoth Evening was crowned best children’s program or series for the fifth time at the most recent Gémeaux evening.
To vote, it’s happening until October 23 on the site of Mammoth.
The Mammoth Evening
December 9, 8 p.m.