‘Dangerous’ fumes released during pool cleaning incident at eastern hotel

Content of the article

A hotel in the east has been evacuated and several people are being treated by paramedics after dangerous levels of chlorine were released during a cleaning accident.

Ottawa Fire Services hazmat specialists were dispatched to the scene on Brisebois Crescent near Centrum Boulevard at approximately 9 p.m.

Content of the article

« VSchemicals were being mixed in the mechanical room of the pool (and) fumes made their way into the pool and caused reactions in several people,” said the fire department.

The hotel was evacuated as a precaution. Several people were treated by paramedics, but there was no word on their condition.

More soon


Back to top button